HDHomeRun on Plex
Author and Contact Information
Anthony Cassandra (email@example.com)
This plugin allows for managing and playing video stream from an HDHomeRun device.
The HDHomeRun plugin allows you to set your device and location so that you can download channel data from the SiliconDust website, then (manually) you can verify which channels and which you want to include in your main channel playlist. It takes care of forming the correct stream URLs for the device and channel data, including being able to switch to using the other tuner (when you have multiple tuners). You can also manually add HDHomeRun stream URLs for the case where the SiliconDust site is lacking.
Additional features include being able to change each channel's display name and icon, as well as being able to see the full channel details.
This plugin is currently focused on using the HDHomeRun device for playing broadcast TV stations. It should work with other tuner settings, but the skinning and testing has only been done focusing on the US broadcast tuner setup.
Without an HDHomeRun device on your local network, all the features of the plugin will works with the exception of being able to actually play the streams.
- suppressing display of "DT" suffixes for default channel names
- using mostly JPG icons now instead of PNG to keep Plugin smaller
- added some default channel-to-icon mappings for known channels
- initial version
- Plays HDHomeRun streams
- Fetches channel data from SiliconDust site
- Allows manual channel entry
- Managing channel streams
- when changing a channels display icon, this is not being reflected in the display due to some caching issue. A fix for this is being explored.