Let Me Watch This
Videos (TV Shows / Movies)
Watch content from the LetMeWatchThis website. Supports browsing by Popularity, Featured, Rating, Release Date, Added Date and Alphabetical as well as sub-navigation by Genre. Searching by title is also supported.
Additional 3rd party meta-data for a better, more informative and graphical browsing experience.
Quickly jump back to what you were last watching via the Recently Watched List.
Save items you love to your Favourites list and have them quickly available. Get notified when new items are available for your Favourite shows.
"New Favourite" Notifications
This plugin can notify you when a new item is found for one your favourites.
When turned on, the default notification is to add a marker next to the "Favourites" menu option in the Plugin's main menu and against each Favourite with a new item inside the "Favourites" menu.
Additionally, the plugin can notify you via email whenever a new item is found.
Turning on new item checking
- Go to the Favourites menu
- Select a Favourite
- From the pop-up menu, select "Check for new Unwatched Items"
The plugin will now regularly check to see if any new items are available. There is a currently unchangeable delay of at least 12 hours between each check on a per Favourite basis. Note that each Favourite may get checked at different times.
Turning on email notification:
Once you've enabled a Favourite to get checked for new items as per the above instructions, you can also opt to receive notifications of new items via email.
Note that email notifications work best when the plugin is deployed on a machine where Plex Media Server is left running at all times and where the machine is on (i.e: not hibernating / sleeping) at least a few times a day.
For machines where the PMS is run on a "as-needed" basis, non-email notifications are best.
To enable email notifications:
- Go to Preferences Menu
- Enter an email address in "Email to notify when new Favourites are found"
- Save the preferences.
Troubleshooting email notification:
Chance are that by default email notifications will fail to arrive. Should that happen, this guide will help you troubleshoot this problem.
- No support for paid accounts for any of the supported providers.
- When trying to play some files Plex will try for about 30 secs (or whatever network time-out has been set via the advencedsettings.xml's curllowspeedtime config) and then give up. This is more likely to happen when trying to play an AVI file via providers other than PutLocker / Sockshare. This appears to be down to a combination of a bug in Plex and restrictions put in place by some of the providers. There's not much the plug-in can do to avoid the problem as, at that point, the plug-in has no control over how Plex plays the file and the plug-in can neither warn you in advance or show an error when that happens due to the way plug-ins interact with Plex. Checking the Plug-in's and Plex's log should give you an indication when that happens.
- No errors are displayed when a video has been removed or no longer exists. As per the above, the plug-in can not show you an error due to the way plug-ins and Plex interact once a video is "started". Checking the plug-in's log will show a long error when that happens.
- By default, when the plug-in is started a request will be made to a bit.ly URL which redirects to an invalid address to help gauge interest in the plug-in and whether continued development is worthwhile. The only data being collected is the current version of the plug-in and is done completely anonymously. You can view the bit.ly URL being accessed for each version by looking in the plug-in's __init__.py file. To view the stats associated with each version add a + at the end of the bit.ly URL.
Stuff still to work on, in order of likeliness:
- Try to pre-buffer items to prevent client timing out when first launching the item.
- Use objects of the proper type for Show, Season and Episodes.
- From a movie, view other similar movies.
- Create search agent.
Current version: 13.05.10.1 - Released on 2013-05-10
See Plugin's ChangeLog