Select "Configure the System" on the home screen to take you to the main settings page. This is where the options are found to modify Plex. For a more in depth description of settings see the Configure the System section.
You can set your region and language settings in Configure the System -> Appearance -> Region.
Setting Screen Resolution
You can control the resolution for Plex in windowed mode. The windowed resolution for Plex can be found at Configure the System -> Appearance -> Screen. Most users will want to set this option to Full Screen to make best use of their TV's native display. This also allows Plex to always launch in full screen mode. You also have the option to cycle between windowed and full screen mode by either using cmd+F or the \ key.
On some TVs your computer won't be able to display an image on the entire screen. There is an "overscan" option in OS X (Preferences -> Displays -> Options) but this causes the image to be cropped on the sides. Plex can compensate for this overscan by calibrating your display.
- In Plex navigate to Configure the System -> Appearance -> Screen -> Video Calibration
- Using the Arrow keys move the top right corner marker until it is perfectly aligned with the top right corner of your screen.
- Hit return and do the same thing for the bottom right corner marker
- Hit return again and align where you would like subtitles to be placed.
- Hit return again and make sure the rectangle in the middle is a perfect square (get out ruler)
When you are done press escape to go back to setting menu
Setting up Plex for AC3/DTS
If you have a receiver at home and are plugged into it via optical out on your computer you can have Plex passthrough digital audio such as AC3 and DTS. To turn this on do the following:
- In Plex go to Configure the System -> System -> Audio Hardware
- Set Audio Output to Digital
- Enable AC3 and DTS (if your receiver supports both)
In most cases the Audio output device will remain at default unless you have an external optical sound card.
Setting up your remote controls
Guides to setting up and using the following remote controls can be found on our wiki: